Skip to content

Need Help With A Federal Agency?

If you are contacting us about a passport, please read the information below. 

Due to the Department of State’s (DOS) extreme backlog, the Passport Agency offices are only accepting requests from Congressional offices if you meet one of the following situations:

SITUATION ONE - I APPLIED and my Routine application has been processing longer than 13 weeks or my Expedite application has been processing longer than 9 weeks

- Locator number for  application is assigned

- Application status  shows ‘In Process’  online

- Travel is upcoming within a week    

- No other congressional office is assisting with your passport


- No application in  progress, you need  an appointment 

- You have proof of life-of-death situation (i.e. death certificate, note from medical staff)

- No other congressional  office is assisting with  your passport


- Travel is required by your company

- Travel is upcoming within a week

- No other congressional  office is assisting with  your passport

Our office cannot request an appointment or send an inquiry if you do not meet ONE of the three situations above. 

You may call 1-877-487-2778 to check for available appointments. 

If one of the situations above applies to you, please fill out a Passport Privacy Release and email it to along withproof of travel and supporting documentation. (The email must be 5MB or under)The link below will give you more information on applying for a passport:

We will continue to press the US Department of State to return to processing passport requests in a timely manner that allows you to travel freely.


My staff and I are ready and happy to help Texans cut through the red tape, solve problems, and get answers to questions about federal agencies.

MY OFFICE CAN HELP YOU IF: You are a Texas resident with a question about a federal agency, program, or process. We are happy to assist you. Although we cannot circumvent agency rules, force a decision in your favor, or change a decision that is already final, we can contact the agency on your behalf and ensure that your case is being handled properly. For assistance, please fill out the Your Information section below to create a case with our casework team and email the appropriate privacy release form to

If you are a Texan seeking assistance with a State Agency, please contact your member of the Texas House of Representatives or your Texas State Senator.

If you are not a Texan, please contact your member of the U.S. House of Representatives or U.S. Senator for assistance.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are seeking assistance in legal matters, the advice of the Ethics Committee concerning pending court actions is that Senate offices should refrain from intervening in such legal actions until the matter has reached a resolution in the courts. The principle behind such advice is that the judicial system is the appropriate forum for the resolution of legal disputes and, therefore, the system should be allowed to function without interference from outside sources. If you require the services of an attorney, you may contact the State Bar of Texas at 1-800-204-2222 or visit their website.

What my office can do:

  • Help you communicate with federal agencies.
  • Request information or a status report on your case.
  • Submit an inquiry with a federal agency on your behalf.
  • Help you obtain basic information from a federal agency.

What my office cannot do:

  • Force a federal agency to act in your favor or speed up your case.
  • Provide legal advice or recommend an attorney.
  • Overturn or influence matters involving private businesses.
  • Intervene with state issues. My office cannot overturn or influence matters under the jurisdiction of local or state governments. If your issue involves state or municipal agencies, please contact your state legislators or contact the state agency directly.
  • Intervene with judicial issues. My office cannot legally get involved with pending litigation, including questions about criminal trials or imprisonment, child custody issues, deportation proceedings and civil lawsuits. My office cannot overturn or in any way influence a court’s decision.