Help with a Federal Agency
We are happy to help Texas residents cut through the red tape, solve problems and answer questions about federal agencies.
How can we help?
If you are a Texas resident with a question about a federal agency, program, or process, we are happy to assist you. Although we cannot circumvent agency rules, force a decision in your favor, or change a decision that is already final, we can contact the agency on your behalf and ensure that your case is being handled properly. For assistance, please contact us here.
If you are a Texan seeking assistance with a state agency, please contact your member of the Texas House of Representatives or your Texas State Senator.
If you are not a Texan, please contact your member of the U.S. House of Representatives or U.S. Senator for assistance.
Please note, if you are seeking assistance in legal matters, the advice of the Ethics Committee concerning pending court actions is that Senate offices should refrain from intervening in such legal actions until the matter has reached a resolution in the courts. The principle behind such advice is that the judicial system is the appropriate forum for the resolution of legal disputes and, therefore, the system should be allowed to function without interference from outside sources. If you require the services of an attorney, you may contact the State Bar of Texas at 1-800-204-2222 or visit their website.
PASSPORT ASSISTANCE & INFORMATION
HOW TO APPLY/RENEW: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html/
CURRENT PROCESSING TIMES:
Expedited Service: (extra $60) Door-to-door service in 10 weeks (includes up to 6 weeks processing and 4 weeks mailing on front and back end)
Routine Service: Door-to-door service in 18 weeks (includes up to 12 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing on front and back end)
Learn more about the change in passport operations in response to COVID-19.
Our office is able to initiate an inquiry for an in-person appointment only in instances of life-or-death emergency. Proof of emergency is required for these requests. If your travel is not an emergency, we can only advise that you regularly check the appointment system for availability or cancellations.
HOW CAN WE HELP WITH PASSPORTS?
We can help in the following instances:
- Your application is outside the posted timeframes & your passport has not been issued
- You have a life & death emergency & have not been able to get an in-person appointment at an Agency
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
- One passport privacy form is required for each person. It must be physically signed in ink.
- Proof of travel is required. The person must be listed as a traveler
- We will notify you when we initiate an inquiry on your behalf. If there is an issue with your application, the issuing Agency / Center will notify our office. Otherwise the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) will send a courtesy notification only after your passport is actually issued. We will contact you when either of these actions occur.
- IMPORTANT: Please remember you will be subject to any in-country COVID related travel restrictions that may occur while you are on your trip, including negative COVID tests and unanticipated quarantine requirements.
Forms You Will Need
You must complete the appropriate Privacy Release Form before Senator Cruz can contact an agency on your behalf.
You May Submit These Forms By:
|Mail:|| Office of Senator Ted Cruz
300 E 8th St., Suite 961
Austin, TX 78701