Sen. Cruz's Internship Program offers Texas students a unique opportunity to experience first-hand the inner workings of Congress. There are two six-week sessions during the summer as well as full-semester internships in both the spring and fall.
Internships are available in our following offices:
- Washington, D.C.
- San Antonio
- Summer internships: completed packets are due the first Friday in March.
- Fall semester internships: completed packets are due the first Friday in July.
- Spring semester internships: completed packets are due the first Friday in November.
Priority is given to students either from Texas or students enrolled in a Texas school who have completed at least their sophomore year of college.
This is a highly competitive process. Due to the limited amount of space and resources available, there are usually more qualified applicants than positions available.
Internships are unpaid, however, it is possible to receive internship course credit pending approval by the respective college or university.
To apply to Sen. Cruz’s internship program, please submit the following items using the online application.
- A cover letter detailing why you would like to be an intern in Senator Ted Cruz's office
- A one page resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- A college transcript
- A one to two page college writing sample
Complete your online application below: